I’m a biomechanist and evolutionary biologist based in Chapman University at Orange, California. My main researches focus on explaining the origin of locomotor systems and complex biological designs. My interests are deeply rooted in the diversity of living organisms, and my research program integrates fundamental questions, biomechanics and engineering-inspired methods.
* Biomechanics, ecology and evolution of flight and controlled aerial behaviors in insects and arboreal arthropods
* Biophysics and evolution of collective behaviors in microorganisms
* Biomechanics and evolution of jointed appendicular systems
* Biomechanics of capillarity phenomena in amphibians
* Ph.D., Integrative Biology, University of California at Berkeley, Co-advisors: Prof. Robert Dudley & Prof. David Wake
* B.A., Biological Sciences, Sichuan University – University of Washington